Looking for a way to take that old set of multiplication facts flash cards and make them new again? Here are 8 simple tasks that your students can perform with a set of multiplication task cards. Free printables are included!
Don’t have a set of Multiplication Flashcards yet? Grab a set here!
1. Reinforce the commutative property by having students write a related multiplication fact for each flashcard.
2. Order the flashcards from highest to lowest product, or vice versa.
3. Use each multiplication fact to write a multiplication/division fact family.
4. Draw an array to represent each multiplication fact.
5. Write a story problem for each multiplication equation.
6. Increase metacognition by sorting into “facts that I know” and “facts that I don’t know.”
7. Sort the flashcards into even and odd products.
8. Represent each multiplication equation with a picture.
Grab these Flash Card Task Cards for FREE here! I mounted mine on colored paper before laminating for an extra pop of color.
NEED THE FLASHCARDS?
I would love to help you get really strategic with multiplication this year! Whether it’s implementing a strategic order of teaching the facts that will result in maximum retention and confidence, or using mental math strategies that really work, let’s put a plan into action!
OTHER RESOURCES FOR MASTERY OF MULTIPLICATION FACTS
REGISTER HERE for a one-hour Multiplication and Division mini-course. You’ll leave with tons of new ideas, free resources, a PD Certificate, and more!