Give each student a recipe card and have her write about ten facts about herself. This can include favorites such as food, color or television show, or any other interesting facts. I like to do some brainstorming on the whiteboard about different facts that we can include, and then let students choose the ones that they want to write on their card.
When you have a few minutes left in class, choose a card and read one of the facts. Then give two or three students a chance to guess who the person is. If no one guesses, then read one more fact and continue in this way until the person is guessed. Not only is this a great time filler, but it also helps students feel special and important!
I like to let students choose the information that they write, but if you’d rather use a template for students to fill out, I’ve created one that you can download for FREE from Teachers Pay Teachers HERE.
Join me for an upcoming live webinar! Here’s what you can expect from my live webinars:
- 45-60 minutes of fast-paced, valuable content – I know that your time is valuable and I won’t waste it!
- TONS of ideas that you can take to your classroom immediately
- Free resources to help you put your plan into action
- Live Q&A time to answer your questions
- A PD certificate
- 24-hour replay available (Giveaways and bonuses are only available to the live attendees, so try to make sure that you join us live!)