The end of the year is approaching and I know that life feels crazy in your classroom right now! So much to do, so little time. That’s why I’ve designed these end of the year activities to be simple to prepare, engaging to complete, and memorable for your students!
TRAPPED IN THE SCHOOL FOR SUMMER: END OF THE YEAR ESCAPE ROOM
best-suited to Grades 2-5
If you’ve never done an escape room in your classroom before, this is a great one to start with! It’s incredibly easy to prepare (I know that time is scarce right now!) and your students are going to love it! Here’s the lowdown:
It’s the last day of school and you just have one thing left to do – return your library books. You head to the library, but while you are there, you get sidetracked reading your favorite superhero comic book. “I’ll just read a bit longer,” you say to yourself. Finally you decide to head back to your classroom. But when you open the door, you can’t see a thing. Everything is pitch black and the school is empty. Will you be trapped inside the school all summer long?
- less skill-focused than some of my other escape rooms; more focused on puzzle-solving fun
- includes a modified version (addition/subtraction rather than multiplication) for two of the activities so that younger students can complete it.
- quick to prep
- quick and easy to implement (will take about 30 minutes for students to finish)
- Trapped in the School Escape Room on TpT
- End of the Year Bundle on TpT (includes this resource and two others)
END OF THE YEAR MEMORY BOOK/LAPBOOK
best-suited to Grades 2-4
Students will reflect on the past year, and write about some of their most unforgettable memories. This lapbook serves as a great keepsake for years to come! Students can infuse their own individual creativity in order to make their own lapbook unique.
Each student will require one letter size file folder and a copy of the printables from this package. There is a balance between foldables and simple cut and paste reflections so that students will remain engaged. The prompts are designed to be open-ended to allow students to individualize their answers.
- makes a fantastic keepsake of the year
- allows for individuality
- simple for students to put together
END OF THE YEAR AWARDS
best-suited to Grades 2-4
- space for a handwritten note – this adds a personal touch and is so much more important and memorable than a generic message
- focuses on character traits and growth mindset
- will be a treasured keepsake from the year in your classroom
- simple design – well-suited to many different grade levels
- over 70 different awards available – something for everyone
Thank you for giving everything you have to your students this year. The end of the year is chaotic, but it’s also a reason to celebrate the year’s achievements! Have a fantastic end of the year and a restful summer. 🙂