Looking for a way to take that old set of multiplication facts flash cards and make them new again? Here are 8 simple tasks that your students can perform with a set of multiplication task cards. Free printables are included!
Don’t have a set of Multiplication Flashcards yet? Grab a set here!
1. Reinforce the commutative property by having students write a related multiplication fact for each flashcard. (Find out more about why the commutative property is so important in this basic multiplication webinar.)
2. Order the flashcards from highest to lowest product, or vice versa.
3. Use each multiplication fact to write a multiplication/division fact family.
4. Draw an array to represent each multiplication fact.
5. Write a story problem for each multiplication equation.
6. Increase metacognition by sorting into “facts that I know” and “facts that I don’t know.”
7. Sort the flashcards into even and odd products.
8. Represent each multiplication equation with a picture.
Grab these Flash Card Task Cards for FREE here! I mounted mine on colored paper before laminating for an extra pop of color.
NEED THE FLASHCARDS?
I would love to help you get really strategic with multiplication this year! Whether it’s implementing a strategic order of teaching the facts that will result in maximum retention and confidence, or using mental math strategies that really work, I am here for you!
Check out this “round up” of all of my best multiplication tips, strategies, and resources.
OTHER RESOURCES FOR MASTERY OF MULTIPLICATION FACTS